How to connect/associate item (ROW) with another (ROW)

Hello everyone!

I would like to take an item in a row, and somehow associate other items in different rows.

So if I select item A1, and it's associated with item A9, A10, A11, A12... I can see A9, A10, A11, A12 from A1's detailed view. Any pointers?

Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 6 123
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Welcome. Did you set both of your columns in Friends table as Ref ?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the community!

Please give us your actual case, and in this case, we'll be able to help you better. Thank you.

Ok.

So let's say I run a business. I want to know who my employees are, and which employees are friends within the workplace as oppose to just work associates. The purpose is to try and achieve meritocratic promotions and identify possible nepotism among friends.

I would hire someone to monitor the relationships at work and report them to me.

How could I show a friend or not friend association in relation to each employee (A row in a google sheet).

This relation would be visible on the detailed view for an employee.

Thank you!

You have to create a new Friends table, with a key column and two columns both are Ref to the employee table, one of them is Employee with Is part of? option set, and another is Friend. You'll be then able to add friends in the form of an employee. 

---

Just an advice, your business will be better off, by hiring someone who'd help you set objective personal KPIs to measure your individual employees' meritocracy rather than rewarding enmity in your work environment. 

Thank you! I will try it and let you know how it works!

Thank you for the advice. It's something that we have considered. 

As far as the instructions, It worked! However, the connection can only be viewed on the initial employees profile. Is there anyway for both connected employees to reflect their association (friendship) on each individual profile? 

Thank you!

Welcome. Did you set both of your columns in Friends table as Ref ?

Top Labels in this Space