How to convert data list in appsheet?

I have 2 tables of JOB and ASSETS with the following structure:

hapham_0-1687922099482.png

Is there a way to convert from a list {m1 ,  m2 , m3} to { A , B , C } I have researched but can't find any method to browse a list in the appsheet.

Thanks for the support!

0 6 361
6 REPLIES 6

Do you want to save values A, B,.. to your data source or do you just want to show them with the app?

i just want to show them so the user can see and understand!

Set the "col_asset_name" as a label (I assume "col_asset_id" is a key) and then change the Enum's base to Ref. Then add a formula like tbl_assets[col_asset_id] to Suggested values option. With this way you don't need to use Ref column type, but it shows the label value instead of.

sorry I haven't been clear about the problem I'm having. I have a tbl_plant table that references the tbl_job table, when the user selects the job id it will refer to the result as I highlighted in yellow.

hapham_0-1687938170386.png

You can still use the approach I explained, but the formula in the Suggested values needs to be a little different. I would assume you need SELECT(tbl_assets[col_asset_id],IN([col_asset_name],[_THISROW].[col_job_id].[col_require_assets]))

This is formula that i use

hapham_0-1687940680246.png

When I add a new plant in the form, after selecting the job id, the col_require_assets field shows the following:

hapham_1-1687940851382.png

Here is my col_require_assets

hapham_2-1687940948332.png

Top Labels in this Space