How to define USEREMAIL()

I am having a trouble in getting the exact user email. When I click the export file I am getting the last logged user email in the appsheet and not the one who made the changes in the app. 

0 8 135
8 REPLIES 8

Please show us HOW you are retrieving the email address you are seeing as incorrect.  What do you mean by "last logged user email"?

USEREMAIL() is a function that simply obtains the email address of the current logged in user on that client-side device/desktop.  If you are performing the export in automation.  All automation processes run under the app creator login email address.

@WillowMobileSys wrote:

All automation processes run under the app creator login email address.

A clarification: All scheduled events. User information is propagated to an automation triggered by a data change event.

@dbaum wrote:

A clarification: All scheduled events. User information is propagated to an automation triggered by a data change event.

I am not completely convinced yet that it is only scheduled events.  A test is needed. 

I think that the Event portion of a Data Change event can refer to the USEREMAIL() property and receive the logged in user info from the client-side device

However, the automation itself runs on the server and, I believe, all server side processes run under the ownership of the App  Creator.  For instance, if I were to run an automation and refer to "USEREMAIL()" a few levels down into the action structure, if even possible, I think I would get the email of the App Creator not of the client-side user who may have made a change that triggered the process.

I could be remembering wrong but I believe that is what I have experienced.

Here's the thing I am getting different USEREMAIL()

IamShaSha_1-1664842972633.png

If you post a screenshot of the column properties for the ECOPS Email Address column, that should illustrate "HOW you are retrieving the email address you are seeing as incorrect".

My View filters are based on the logged in user โ€œPreview App Asโ€, is not working because the USEREMAIL() is only capturing the App Ownerโ€™s email and not the Preview App As user.

Do you have slices involved? 

I have noticed during testing efforts that it seems Slices are not recognizing the "Preview As" setting when the Slice uses something like USEREMAIL().  When needed for testing, I will typically hard code the email address into the Slice AS WELL AS set the "Preview As" setting and all works as expected then.  Just have to remember to change it back.

Does your emulator restart when you change the email on the "preview as" field and hit apply? @IamShaSha 

Top Labels in this Space