How to detect the user that triggered the Bot?

I have an bot/automation that's triggered when an update is made and it's working as it should. I wanted to enhance it by knowing who made the update that triggered the bot: how do I detect the user that made the update to trigger the bot?

I tried using USEREMAIL() in the PROCESS step but it was undefined.  Do I have to add a "last updated by" field to my table to store USEREMAIL()? I wanted to avoid adding a field when it's something the system should be able to tell me.

Solved Solved
0 2 502
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dbaum thanks for responding - I went to get some screenshots to explain the situation and, unbelievably, I noticed I had forgotten to to click the SAVE button in AppSheet - after I saved and synced it worked /facepalm.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@StephenHind wrote:

USEREMAIL() in the PROCESS step but it was undefined

That sounds like an AppSheet bug or a problem in your app design. AFAIK, automations triggered by data changes run in the name of the user who performed the data change (and scheduled automations run in the name of the app owner). Maybe share more details about your implementation.

@dbaum thanks for responding - I went to get some screenshots to explain the situation and, unbelievably, I noticed I had forgotten to to click the SAVE button in AppSheet - after I saved and synced it worked /facepalm.

Top Labels in this Space