How to determine specific slow step in reading tables

Hi all! Starting this August, I'm getting reports of slow syncing from my app, when I went to my performance analyzer, I can only see this report:

B_Reyes_0-1691196148029.png

What I can't understand is WHY its reading the tables for a long time when it was working well before August and no changes has been made. Can someone point me at what I'm missing here? Thank you in advance!

0 6 210
6 REPLIES 6

What are you using as a data source? If gSheet.. does it show a gray process bar on the upper right corner? Do you have complex sheet formulas? Do you have any extra sheets that the app is not using in your workbook? Complex sheet formulas in there maybe?

What are you using as a data source? If gSheet.. does it show a gray process bar on the upper right corner?

• Yes, I'm currently using GSheets. A blue process bar sometimes flashes when I've reloaded (less than a second) but no gray one. 
  • B_Reyes_0-1691363185874.png

Do you have complex sheet formulas?

• Only VLookup ones, it's for the GDrive links of the Appsheet uploaded images for a couple of people reviewing and correcting the encoded data from the app users through GSheets
  • B_Reyes_1-1691363447100.png

Do you have any extra sheets that the app is not using in your workbook? Complex sheet formulas in there maybe?

• Only a single one where the image gdrive links are listed down by an appscript to serve as a database of the mentioned vlookup formulas

The gsheets and app has been structured like this from the start though, and I archive my data to another sheet every week so at maximum I only have 2000 rows of data at a time. I made no changes from January 2023 up to the time I received a slow sync complaint from the app users.  :'(

Any chance the script has created a lot of rows to your lookup sheet? How many rows totally you have on that sheet? I have seen few cases where the script has done that without any purpose and that has made the app slow.

There's approximately 100 trailing blanks rows out of 78k rows for the lookup sheet.

What happens if you temporarily remove those 78k rows? Remember the app needs to wait all of those rows and the computation every time when the app syncs.

Thanks! I'll try to see what I can do to minimize them, temporarily or otherwise

Top Labels in this Space