How to display UX card in specific Dashboard

Hi all, 
I have 2 dashboard and 1 menu
(1 Dashboard for New Product,  1 Dashboard for New Service, and 1 Menu (Type : Cards)

Inside my Menu there are two cards, 1 Card is Link to Form to generate new Order, 1  Card link to Form to generate New Service Order. 

I want separate my cards specifically based on the view on the dashboard. 
(When I open New Service Order, it will show only Card that link to form New service,  
When I open New Product, it will show only Card that link to form New Product)

I have tried to put a code on Form New Service show_if

CONTEXT("View")="1, DB - Dashboard New Service"

But, still nothing happened, and cards keep shows in both dashboard.

Any idea to fix this?

Solved Solved
0 2 84
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The Show if setting on a view affects whether the view is displayed in the main menu, navigation bar, or a dashboard. In your case, your form view is not a candidate for display on your dashboard, so that setting has no effect there.

Instead, you want to show or hide a menu entry. Your menu entries are not affected by Show If at all, and there is no way to make them affected by it.

I recommend using slices to create two menus. Each of the two menus would have only a single entry. Add the desired menu to the appropriate dashboard.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The Show if setting on a view affects whether the view is displayed in the main menu, navigation bar, or a dashboard. In your case, your form view is not a candidate for display on your dashboard, so that setting has no effect there.

Instead, you want to show or hide a menu entry. Your menu entries are not affected by Show If at all, and there is no way to make them affected by it.

I recommend using slices to create two menus. Each of the two menus would have only a single entry. Add the desired menu to the appropriate dashboard.

Ahhh I see, no wonder nothing happened even I rework the code in Form Show_If.

Many thanks Steve. I tried your recommendation. And, it works like a charm.

Top Labels in this Space