How to e-mail INTO AppSheet

Hi all,

I want to create a Ticketing application but I want to redirect incoming e-mails and have them create a Ticket.

So any e-mail sent to "help @" I would like to create a new Ticket that is unassigned. When the Help Team see a new Ticket they will review it and then assign it to someone and mark it as "in progress".

At the moment they group of 10 users use a shared inbox then of course they copy paste into Excel etc to update the enquiry.

((After that I am going to have some automations that send a e-mail back to the customer saying "we have received your request" etc.))

I have had a pretty good look around but nothing is jumping out at me.

Any help appreciated!

Solved Solved
0 15 427
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The idea is not to email IFTTT, but send to a GMAIL inbox and IFTTT would monitor that inbox. However, I'm sorry, just checked it seems that most GMAIL triggers are no longer available in IFTTT. 

Here's a better alternative suggested by @SkrOYC, and their free plan might fit your needs. 

https://www.make.com/en/templates 

Search for GMAIL among the templates. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

AFAIK, there is no direct integration.

One approach to do this (To be honest I have not tried it myself, but it should work) would be,

User -> Gmail account -> Google Apps Script -> Call AppSheet API to invoke an Add action

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/1979979-invoking-the-api

Someone else may have better ideas.

P.S.

I recently learned of make.com integration service, which also could be an option

@TeeSee1  thank you for that. Darn - yes it is a strange request I know. I will follow the links you kindly shared and see if there is something I can do! Appreciate it.

Looks simple enough.

I will have to give it a try.

Thanks @Marc_Dillon !

TeeSee1_0-1648178639918.png

Is Zapier most popular among AppSheet users??

Just curious.

AppSheet not approved as a destination target from a consumer GMail account ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Manual test worked though...

Yes - the other issue is that it (Zapier) is about $130/mth for 2,000 "zaps", my customer will get about 80-100 e-mails per day. Good to know - I will try it. Thanks all.

I recommend IFTTT, cheaper and delivers the same. 

First - thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I am glad that the AppSheet Community is alive and well!

I had a quick look at IFTTT (thanks) but of course I need to redirect mail into IFTTT so I think this may not be possible. Eg; I want to use the customers existing "help@<DOMAIN>" address. And then somehow point that to Google Sheets. I have sent an e-mail to IFTTT but I think this is above my (technical) pay grade! (cause it has to trigger from an in-box). Darn. Thank you all though for taking the time out!

LOL well it seems I can't e-mail IFTTT! Darn.

With Google App Script you can write a fairly simple script to monitor in-coming box and then update (insert) rows into a spread sheet (or call AppSheet api's) if you are up to it.

It already is all included in your customer's subscription plan, most likely.

The idea is not to email IFTTT, but send to a GMAIL inbox and IFTTT would monitor that inbox. However, I'm sorry, just checked it seems that most GMAIL triggers are no longer available in IFTTT. 

Here's a better alternative suggested by @SkrOYC, and their free plan might fit your needs. 

https://www.make.com/en/templates 

Search for GMAIL among the templates. 

@Joseph_Seddik

BRILLIANT.!!

Make.com works a treat.

Does require a little trial and error but I got there in the end.

Appreciate that suggestion - very helpful!

To fill in some of the blanks though... I have a client who needs a Help Ticketing system. At the moment they share a general in-box. So using AppSheet and Make I can look for new e-mails and add them as a row to Google Sheets and then use AppSheet to provide the logic and UI etc. Which will be a much simpler approach for them overall. Thanks for all the comments and help!

@TeeSee1  Thank you - yes I did think about AppScript and will look at it tomorrow.

Top Labels in this Space