How to easily change location of items

I am trying to create a form page to easily change location of an item. I have created a form where I can scan the unique ID and BIN location and it works but only on the first scan, after that it says Key already exist. I want it to be able to scan the unique ID again and then it will look it up and then modify the Bin location to the new one. How would we do this?  I'm surprised it's not easier since Appsheet is made for inventory management yet you can't move your inventory.  If you could help I would appreciate it

0 10 62
10 REPLIES 10

@E7Hartman wrote:

Appsheet is made for inventory management

Who said that? Just curious.

If you want to use a "Scan and go" setup, you need a table just for scans

Appsheet did, it's one of the default templates. 

I can scan but only the first time. After that It says the key already exists. I'm using a Google sheet as my table.

Try to add another column and assigned the new column as key and write an expression to the new column as "uniqueid" .

That would just add another entry of the item and would show that I now have 2 of the said item. Then when I try to scan to change location it will return key is used again(meaning the new column already has the key). I just want to be able to scan an item and then scan the new location.

I have over 12,000 items that I need to move around allot

@E7Hartman wrote:

Appsheet did, it's one of the default templates. 

Templates are a way to learn about the platform, it doesn't mean AppSheet is made for those use cases in particular.

AppSheet is a swiss knife basically.

@E7Hartman wrote:

I can scan but only the first time. After that It says the key already exists. I'm using a Google sheet as my table

But remember that you need a new table for the scans, you can't do it in the same one you have the data

I just want to move the items I don't want to add them. I shouldn't have to make a new table every time I want to move something. Thats just not viable. I know there must be a way to move items using a scan method. I have 12000 items and I would need to move them allot.

How about scan to delete instead of add? We can do that then I can redirect the page back to the add stock page. How would you do that?

You still don't get the idea. You create a table and add rows to that table as scans.

You could have a detail view with quick edit but you would need to have a manual action

There has got to be a formula, script, expression,  something that can do it. Your not even giving any suggestions so why do you comment?

I'm just trying to, but this has been explained many times in the community and I'm doing my part making sure you don't keep smashing your head with the same wrong setup.

You need a form save event after you create a row in the Scan table that navigates to your detail view with a linktorow() deeplink.

Read the docs for reference

Top Labels in this Space