How to edit value in enum or enumlist column?

I am trying editing values in a column with type enum or enumlist but it seem be impossible. I have to typing new value and press use+...

For example: "Hello Joseph".

After saved, I I want to edit it by: "Hello Joseph_Seddik"

Why did Appsheet make feature that user can easy edit values in enum/enumlist column?

Thanks,

Hien

Solved Solved
0 7 1,537
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What you can do:

• Add all the options beforehand as possible value of your Enum column, or
  • make the column a Ref  to a table listing the different options, so that you can edit the relevant row in that table before choosing it the form where your Enum column exists. 

But it is not possible to edit the options from the form. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Would you please include screenshots to clarify your question? Thank you..

Hi @Joseph_Seddik,

I wish I just edit the selected value in the enumlist, no need typing it againt.

For example: "Hello Joseph". After saved, I editing it by: "Hello Joseph_Seddik"

Screenshot_20220529-230904_AppSheet.jpg

โ€ƒ

What you can do:

• Add all the options beforehand as possible value of your Enum column, or
  • make the column a Ref  to a table listing the different options, so that you can edit the relevant row in that table before choosing it the form where your Enum column exists. 

But it is not possible to edit the options from the form. 

I wish I only 1 click to select and double select to edit text.

You are dealing with a database!

Anyway, I don't understand the language ๐Ÿ™‚ but it seems that your options are a combination of several components, for example a time range, some numbers, items, etc.

What you can do is to replace this column by several other enum columns, for example letting the user choose the time range, the number, the item, etc. and the result would be the automatic combination of these choices. In this way you can have any number of combinations without having to rewrite or edit.  

The values that you see are coming from the database. Open your database and manually edit the value. The values on the form are automatically updated.

@Srini_Karanam wrote:

The values that you see are coming from the database. Open your database and manually edit the value.

Thats not the whole point of asking this question here ! @Srini_Karanam 

Top Labels in this Space