How to fetch the value from the table when the ref is enumlist?

How to fetch the value from the table when the ref is enumlist ?

How to get the value in job_id column of the production from job_id column of the processes ?

Also how to build the related process list - REF_ROWS(โ€œProcessesโ€ , ???)

0 10 205
10 REPLIES 10

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

HI @Manish_Jain1

Not sure to understand. What about, in the table PRODUCTION, assuming [PROD_ID] is the key_column:

SELECT(PROCESSES[Job_ID],
  IN(    [_THISROW],    SPLIT(CONCATENATE([PROD_IDs])," , ")
))

About that:

I donโ€™t get it.

I am attaching the images of the table columns โ€ฆsee if that helps

I think I was quite there, I adapted it.
Can you confirm the expression you want to build will be on the table โ€œProductionโ€ ?
If so, can you let me know if that works ?

SELECT(Prod_Process[Job__File_Id],
  IN(    [_THISROW],    SPLIT(CONCATENATE([Production_IDs])," , "))
)

List of related processes . normally if the column containing ref is not an enumโ€ฆ It would be REF_ROWS(โ€œprod_processโ€,โ€Production_Idsโ€). โ€ฆbut production_ids is an enum list with base type ref of production tableโ€ฆ so how do I write this expression?

What about:

FILTER("Prod_Process",
  IN(    [_THISROW],    SPLIT(CONCATENATE([Production_IDs])," , "))
)

FILTER(Prod_Process,IN([_THISROW],[Production_IDs]))

I am using this and itโ€™s working fine but I felt thatโ€™s getting the app slow .

Can you think of my main problem on getting the job_id from prod_process table to production table

Thanks Aurelien . Just in time . I have done the following and it seems working . Since I am already filtering the Prod_PRocess in my Related Processes Column, I am not using the Prod_Process Column again and instead have used related processes โ€ฆ

Column - Related Processes

FILTER(Prod_Process,IN([_THISROW],[Production_IDs]))

Column - Job_ID

Any(Select([Related Processes][Job_File_Id],IN([_THISROW],[Production_IDs])))

But I am wondering if I can simplify both these expressions further to make the app faster. ?

Yes.

Because FILTER and SELECT run on a whole table, the only way I see to make the app faster, is to use a slice, or even more a security filter, in order to โ€œshortenโ€ the table.
โ€ฆ This is the best idea I have in mind.

Ok . Let me check on that .

Top Labels in this Space