How to find out what YEAR was a 6 month ago?

I cudnt find any function as EDATE or DATEDIF 

Solved Solved
0 1 188
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You have make use of the functions we have available and build the expression.  

There several ways but depends on how precise you want to be.  For example 6 months is roughly 180 days.  If this is sufficient then you could do this:

YEAR(TODAY() - 180)

If you know the specific date, i.e. it is saved as a column, you can build an expression like this

YEAR(TODAY() - (TODAY() - [Past Date])

TODAY() - [Past Date] results in a Duration value which you can subtract for TODAY() and get a specific date from which you can extract the Year.

If you need to be "day of the month" specific - e.g. 19th of the month.  You will need to build an expression that deconstructs the date,  builds it back for 6 months ago.  This gets a bit more difficult but not terrible.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

You have make use of the functions we have available and build the expression.  

There several ways but depends on how precise you want to be.  For example 6 months is roughly 180 days.  If this is sufficient then you could do this:

YEAR(TODAY() - 180)

If you know the specific date, i.e. it is saved as a column, you can build an expression like this

YEAR(TODAY() - (TODAY() - [Past Date])

TODAY() - [Past Date] results in a Duration value which you can subtract for TODAY() and get a specific date from which you can extract the Year.

If you need to be "day of the month" specific - e.g. 19th of the month.  You will need to build an expression that deconstructs the date,  builds it back for 6 months ago.  This gets a bit more difficult but not terrible.

Top Labels in this Space