How to fix blank incoming orders.

Screenshot 2023-09-19 132649.pngOk, it is a enum column with "pending, cancelled and completed" How do I get it to come in as Pending?

0 8 183
8 REPLIES 8

Create a Slice that excludes the blank values using ISNOTBLANK() formula and use this slice as table of your view.

Hey ty for the reply. So a slice for the status column?

Yes.
table - new slice - [status] = "pending"

If I understand your question, you're really asking how to PREVENT the status from remaining blank?  

Implement the Initial Value property of your Status column to "Pending".  This way whenever a new row is created, Status will always be set to at least the value of "Pending".   See image.

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 4.53.29 PM.png

Hey I will double check, but yes that is exactly what I mean, I did have Initial value "pending" but cannot get it to stick.

Nope I accidentally inserted [This]Screenshot 2023-09-19 184500.png

Did not work, could it have anything to do with being a virtual column? Long story short, it fills in by Goole forms online. I wanted to add the progress status off the form for personal view. Ty all also lmk if you need certain screenshots.

@PawnZamalot wrote:

Did not work, could it have anything to do with being a virtual column?

If the Status column is being filled in by a Form it cannot be a Virtual Column. 

Additionally, if something outside of AppSheet is adding the row to the sheet (e.g. Google Forms) then the Initial Value will not have any affect.  

I think it would be very helpful to show us what you have built so far so we can understand how the rows are getting inserted for your app.

Top Labels in this Space