How to get Direct Url Link to image - Porpus external raport in excel or PoweBI

I use SQL on Azure as a database and Onedrive for image capture. I could use diffrent imege host porvider (dropbox ect.)
I want to create column with calculate direct link to image,that will be usefull in external raports in Excel, Power BI

Is it possible ?

0 4 809
4 REPLIES 4

You can use this formula with the virtual column. With the normal column it won’t work when you are adding the record. If you open and save it, the link will be correct.

=CONCATENATE(“https://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=",“AppName-AccountID”,"&tableName=",“Table...”,[ImageColumn])

If you add this into the virtual column and the column type is URL, it will generate the link.

Dosen’t work I put in
I get ERROR when I’m trying to copy and pase ready link to browser.
I fill [ImageColum] with rigth one from my solution
I fill “AppName-AccountID” with rigth one from my solution
I fill “TableName” with rigth one from my solution
I try many diffrent option but alwas get ERROR.

Do you have any sample app that work with this formula ?
And if it is a virtual column how it will be usefull during exporting data from server to reporting app like Excel or Power BI.

Please check a sample app “ImageLink” from www.appsheet.com/portfolio/531778

Aleski still dosen’t work.
I clik "copy and customize’’
I add some .jpg fie then sync and use Url I get messege:

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

My storege is defult - one drive
Why dosen’t work ?

What my idea is to use Appsheet as solution for adding Data from all proceses in my company and then use information from database to create raports. One pices of information should be link to image that can be use by Power BI

I try also use Amazone RDS and S3 for objective storege as it give me front URL adress to create but still it is to difficult get the goal.

Top Labels in this Space