How to get a filtered list of transactions without duplicated dates?

Hello AppSheet Gurus!

I have a TRANSACTIONS table that has a transactionDate column and certainly there can be many transactions on the same date.

I want to get a filtered version of this TRANSACTIONS table (or a list of the transactionIDs) with the condition that there can't be duplicated values of the transactionDate column (so, I just need 1 random transaction per date).

Any hint on how I could achieve this?

0 5 169
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Carlos,

Check the ANY() function to pick a random value.

Unfortunately, AppSheet doesn't have a group by function. You wouldn't happen to have a SQL backend, would you?

What is your backend data source?

I'm using the Appsheet Data base (not a Google Spreadsheet). Anyway, I managed my original dilema in a different way.

Glad you found a solution! It may be helpful to post your solution, that way others in the community with a similar issue can learn. Thanks!

My Solution to my original dilema was not to use such filtered list after all.

To give context... besides the Transactions table, I have a separate sheet with a column that has a GOOGLEFINANCE formula to calculate the exchange rate between 2 currencies... the thing is that there is a limit on how many calls to GOOGLEFINANCE I can make per day, so I was attempting to only do 1 call per each day where transactions happened.

But long story short, I found a different service for my currency convertion needs that is not limited.

Top Labels in this Space