How to get daily wether data with an web service API

Hi, 

I'm wondering if it's possible to automatically daily update a table (update column value, or add new rows every day)  with data from a web service API ?

I've looked around bots and webhooks but I didn't find the answer yet.

Solved Solved
0 2 231
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You are likely not finding details because this is not a common request, though I know a few are doing exactly this, and the implementation depends on the service you use.

AppSheet currently does not support request/response type service calls.  Meaning you cannot send a request for data to a service and then capture the results and do something with them.

There are two (maybe three) ways that I know you can get the weather data into AppSheet:

1. Find a service that allows you schedule the data to be sent to the AppSheet API, if any do.
  2. Create a script (such as Google Script) that calls out to the service, captures the data and applies the results into the datasource.
  3. Possibly there are integrator services which can retrieve the data from the weather service and then interact with AppSheet.  For instance, Integromat (which I think is now called Make) DOES integrate into AppSheet allowing for certain features to be executed.  I don't know if they also integrate with any weather services.  You would need to investigate it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You are likely not finding details because this is not a common request, though I know a few are doing exactly this, and the implementation depends on the service you use.

AppSheet currently does not support request/response type service calls.  Meaning you cannot send a request for data to a service and then capture the results and do something with them.

There are two (maybe three) ways that I know you can get the weather data into AppSheet:

1. Find a service that allows you schedule the data to be sent to the AppSheet API, if any do.
  2. Create a script (such as Google Script) that calls out to the service, captures the data and applies the results into the datasource.
  3. Possibly there are integrator services which can retrieve the data from the weather service and then interact with AppSheet.  For instance, Integromat (which I think is now called Make) DOES integrate into AppSheet allowing for certain features to be executed.  I don't know if they also integrate with any weather services.  You would need to investigate it.

Thanks for the answer, I will investigate. 

Top Labels in this Space