How to hide "Delete my account" from app users without hiding hamburger menu?

Hi All,

I was wondering to find a way to hide "Delete my account" in the hamburger menu. I developed and shared some apps to a user account which they can use the apps as users. However, users can delete this account as they have access to the Hamburger menu which I need them to use it.  What would be the solution for this and how secure is the app from this point of view when a user can delete the account without admin permission?

Your tips and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Mohsen

0 4 461
4 REPLIES 4

@mohsenshahbaghi wrote:

I was wondering to find a way to hide "Delete my account" in the hamburger menu.

I am not aware of any AppSheet menu option like this in the apps.   So this must be a custom action you created?

Go the action definition and expand the Behavior section.  There you can implement an expression to control who the action is enabled for.

Try deselecting the setting to Show name and email in the side menu since that's where the account deletion option appears.

dbaum_0-1683993467767.png

Ahhh!   There it is!  It seems to be part of a sub-menu list ONLY on mobile devices.   I've never really noticed it before.

This is insanely odd!!!  I think it is TOTALLY inappropriate to have this option in the apps - period!   It is an option to delete an AppSheet account.   Most users of any app will NOT have an AppSheet account at all so why does this option show for them (it does...I tested with a non-AppSheet Gmail account).

When tapping on the link, a dialog appears that will simply re-direct the user to an AppSheet page where the user can delete the account.  See images below. The person this most-likely will apply to is the AppCreator who knows how to get to these pages already.  So, agan, why have the option in the app.  It's just asking for trouble.

IMG_DB34BC1A93C5-1.jpeg

IMG_70C2981EF4A5-1.jpeg

Hi All,

This is an Apple requirement. See the related thread here:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/quot-Delete-my-account-quot/m-p/446553/highligh...

I'll add a note to the documentation to minimize confusion in the future.

Thanks!

Liz

Top Labels in this Space