How to hide related fields on details screen

dan_R

Iโ€™m working on โ€œStore Detailsโ€, โ€œStoresโ€ view on my app. As you can see, all of the Ref fields are populating, even though there is no data in them. I would like them to show up if they are filled, but would like them to not show up if the field is empty. I have tried =ISNOTBLANK and I get an error.
Can someone with more brains than me PLEASE help?

Solved Solved
1 7 1,389
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

or

ISNOTBLANK( [_THIS] )

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Easiest way would be to go to UX, find your detail view, then go to Column Order and just add each column that you want to see in the detail view.

dan_R

Right. I did that, and they are showing up. The problem is, they are showing up even if they donโ€™t have data. I want all related fields to populate if they have data, but if they donโ€™t, they are a waste of space and scrolling time.

In that case, go to Data, then Columns, then for each of the related columns go to Show_if constraint. In there set your expression to COUNT([_THIS]) > 0. That should take care of what you are hoping for.

or

ISNOTBLANK( [_THIS] )

And just like that!
Thanks, Marc. Wish I had what you have upstairs. If you canโ€™t tell by now, Iโ€™m only about 5 days into this. That said, Iโ€™ve got a pretty cool app going so far. Fast, and broken up into all the right tables. I think Iโ€™m off to a good start, but wouldnโ€™t be anywhere close if it wasnโ€™t for members like you.
Youโ€™re appreciated.

For reference:

Thanks @Steve, knowing what they mean and knowing how to put it together in a logical way are two different things. LOL
I need to take a class or 10

Top Labels in this Space