How to load data into a table in enum list format through the Google Sheet?

I have an application that uses an enum list column. I have inserted a data validation that generates the list options from another table. I would like to load data into the table directly through the google spreadsheet, but I am not able to fill the enum list column properly in the spreadsheet. I thought it was just entering the data comma separated, but the data validation indicates it is invalid.

How can I do this? I need to do this because I already have a dataset to use in the app.

0 8 165
8 REPLIES 8

By default (and it's better to leave it like that) enumlists save data using " , " as the separator. So your data should look like this:

something , something2 , something3

I tried that, but still says it is invalid. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Share your valid_if, schema, and the kind of data you want to fast-populate on GSheets

I use valid_if to generate a checkboxed dropdown list. SELECT pulls list options from another read-only table.

The expression:
SELECT(Teams[Title], TRUE, TRUE)

First, you don't need SELECT() for that, "UNIQUE(Teams[Title])" does the same thing as your current expression.

Please the schema and an example of the data you tried to put on GSheets

The schema is just the enum list column and a LongText field for commment:
- Teams list
- Comments?

Example:
[Tech] DPB | Stock , [Consumer] Mkt | Outsorcing , [Sales] Products | SKU

The UNIQUE will do anything different from the SELECT expression?

One of the rows inside the Teams table is "[Tech] DPB | Stock"? That's exactly what's in the [Title] column?

No, it does what your third argument (TRUE) inside SELECT() is doing

Yes, every element between " , " exists in the Teams table as an Title.

Top Labels in this Space