How to load multiple rows from Table A to Table B based on a condition

Hi there 

I am trying to create a production ticket using 3 tables. Table 1 is a bill of materials (its a list of materials required per product), Table 2 contains product name and expiry date and Table 3 contains all the materials consumed for the end product. 

Based on the product selected in Table 2, I would like to load rows from Table 1 to Table 3. In other words, if there are 3 rows under that product type in Table 1, it should reflect in Table 3 when added to Table 2.

Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 7 161
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
7 REPLIES 7

Most probably you wouldn't need to repeat rows among different tables for this purpose.

1. First, ensure your data is correctly modelled: Data: The Essentials - AppSheet Help 
  2. Second, make sure references are established correctly between your tables:
    References between tables - AppSheet Help 
  3. Then retrieve your data using dereference expressions:
    Dereference expressions - AppSheet Help
    Build list dereferences - AppSheet Help  

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Steve, the concept works very well, thank you. I am having a problem with inputting data into the fields after the rows load. After I select "quick edit, the following happens:

The first entry works fineThe first entry works fineThe second entry works fine tooThe second entry works fine tooThis is the third entry but after clicking enter, the 4th image is validThis is the third entry but after clicking enter, the 4th image is validThe value of the third entry becomes the value of the second entry for some reasonThe value of the third entry becomes the value of the second entry for some reason

After inputting data and select another field to enter data into, the previous data disappears and the value input is allocated to the second entry. I am not sure why this is happening.  

Please could you advise?

Also, by selecting the individual rows and editing them, it does not recognize/load entries past the second one. See below:

First entry displaysFirst entry displaysSecond entry displays but if I click on the arrow for the next entry, it does not recognize that there is another entry after thatSecond entry displays but if I click on the arrow for the next entry, it does not recognize that there is another entry after that

There are a total of 10 entries.

@Daniellenel4 wrote:

Also, by selecting the individual rows and editing them, it does not recognize/load entries past the second one.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean here.

I'm afraid I've never used QuickEdit tables, so I have no insight into the behavior you're seeing.

Alright, thanks.

Top Labels in this Space