How to make Appsheet automation / send email to the same existing

Hi All

I created an automation to same email to people, the subject is the same but everytime it sends email it send to a new conversation, not the previous conversation / email 

kvngo94_0-1676246870916.png

Could you please advise if it is possible to make it send email to the same existing emails ?

Thanks,

0 3 356
3 REPLIES 3

There's no native AppSheet functionality to continue an existing email conversation.

Instead, you could create an automation with a Call a script task that calls a function from an Apps Script project that uses the GmailApp's pertinent methods like forward or replyAll to add a message to an existing email thread.

Hi dbaum, 

I'm not too good at programming languages as well as App Script, that's so why I tried Appsheet as I can send email with body template and attachment template by using Google Docs 

Seems as App Script for these template I have to do HTML ... ? I really want to but I'm just a starter in these things. Do you have any advice? Thank you

Apps Script coding is based on javascript, not HTML. It's indeed not something that you can use intuitively without prior programming knowledge. There are lots of Apps Script and javascript learning tutorials available. Far quicker solutions would be to either find a way to accomplish your goal without depending on threaded email conversations managed from your AppSheet app (e.g., maybe include a Request ID in the email subject of all messages that should be considered a single conversation) or engage someone to develop the Apps Script functionality for you.

Top Labels in this Space