How to make the form 'disappear' after saving data from email?

B_K
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

I have two forms with absence approvals that are sent by email for supervisor approval, but they behave differently after filling in the data. For the past 2 days I can't figure out how it works and how to make it the same in both cases....
One of the forms sent to the email, after deciding to accept or reject the non-being "disappears".... exactly, it is after acceptance that a ''bar'' appears with the message ''This view is out of date. Please refresh to see the latest view.'', and after refreshing the email it says ''Nothing to see here! Go to the app to see more.'' This solution works very well for me, because the supervisor can't change the decision (that's ok).
The second form (after making changes/decisions and saving) ''does not disappear''and even a day later you can change the absence decision. This will complicate things and I want both forms in the email to ''disappear'' after changes.
I have spent 2 days on the problem and I don't understand why it is like this. (I know that dynamic emails themselves ''disappear'' after 30 days, but this is not a solution). The only difference in the forms is that the one that ''disappears'' is based on responses from google forms, and the one that ''does not disappear'' is based on another table to which only selected types of absences are copied.
I would appreciate any suggestions on how to make both forms ''disappear''.

0 3 85
3 REPLIES 3

The first thing you need to try solve is how to make the form disappear or inaccessible after editing within the app.

For example, it might be a setting in the Form view's show if expression.

Something like IsNotBlank([Status]) or [Status]<["Approved"]

If you can solve that part, then that's the time you to solve hiding the form in the email.

B_K
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Thanks for your comment!
I have Row filter for slice set up and thought at first that there is something wrong here. I have the process set up so that when the decision is changed, the absence requests "disappear" in the application but I don't understand why in the email one form "disappears" and the other does not. Why do these forms behave differently?

B_K
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

I'm emailing forms that were automatically generated by appsheet and I don't see the "Show if" option in the "Display" section there at all

Top Labels in this Space