How to prevent 2 users from registering the same client?

DEVIMPLOY_Autom_0-1643857719334.png

hello, when I use the security filter, the system reads only the registered users of useremail, but it is happening that another employee is able to record the same customer, even if it is already registered in the table. For security reasons, each user has to see his client registered in the system, but if the client was registered by another user, he does not see it and registers it again.

DEVIMPLOY_Autom_1-1643857959334.png

in the farm register (which is the client) there is already a formula, but it only validates for this useremail client, then he manages to register the same client again in a different group and area and ends up generating duplicity.

0 4 103
4 REPLIES 4

I'm not sure how your data is structured but if customers are set as the key of your customers table the system should automatically prevent the creation of duplicate customers regardless of how your users see them.

Ways to solve this:

- permit users to see the list of customers but only allow edits to the owner of each customer, or
- allow users to submit customer registration requests in another table instead of registering them directly, then make a bot check if the customer is already registered and notify the user, or
- make the customerโ€™s email or his ID document as the key column, so that duplicates are instantaneously rejected. 

I changed the Key to the name and the Label to the Name and it didn't work, it only worked when I released it for everyone to see all the customers

Don't apply the Security filter on the clients table and just add a slice to make sure that each user just see their clients.

Then make a Valid_If on the clients table to make sure there are no duplicates.

It's not that hard, but make sure to use a valid unique value. Name is a very bad one. Use DNI or others. Also, it doesn't need to be the Key column if you create a good Valid_if like:

NOT(
  IN(
    [_THISROW].[_THIS],
    CLIENTTABLE[COLUMN]
  )
)
Top Labels in this Space