How to refer display names

Hi,

i am stuck and i don't know what to do ? i am working on a field service app in which i have registered some chemical at the time of registering company , chemicals are listed i.e CHEM-9000,CHEM-5000,CHEM-7000.

in the service log form i displayed those chemical names through Display Name using Split function

index(Split(select(System info[Chemicals],and([Customer ID]=[_thisrow].[Customer ID],[equipment] = "Chiller",[system] = [_thisrow].[system])),","),1)&"-P(kg)"

admin_nasra_0-1673266481904.png

and the names are displayed properly 

admin_nasra_1-1673266568801.png

FCS-800-p , FCS-700=p & FCS-500-p in the above mentioned image .

this i did in DATA section ,

now i want to use these chemical names in slices but there is no such DISPLAY settings available.

please help i cannot fix the names of chemicals as they varies from company to company.

or is there any other solution through which i can call these chemical names.

Thank in advance.

admin_nasra_2-1673266897548.png

0 5 146
5 REPLIES 5

@admin_nasra wrote:

now i want to use these chemical names in slices but there is no such DISPLAY settings available.

Elaborate on what you're seeking to accomplish but isn't working. The column display names that you defined apply anywhere the column is used in a view--regardless of whether the view is based directly on a table or on a slice defined for the table.

Also, in case this point is pertinent to what you're asking: Keep in mind that in the table view type a column name applies simultaneously to multiple rows and, so, it doesn't make sense to try to make its name specific to any individual row.

Thank you Dbaum,

i am working on a service app that records the parameters and on the basis of those parameters suggests dozing of chemicals through formula.

each company has different chemicals so i canot fix the names of chemicals in our input form 

admin_nasra_0-1673328627286.png

the above highlighted names are driven through 

admin_nasra_1-1673328703263.png

index(Split(select(System info[Chemicals],and([Customer ID]=[_thisrow].[Customer ID],[equipment] = "Chiller",[system] = [_thisrow].[system])),","),1)&"-P(kg)"

where as the actual name of the column is CHEMICAL-A,Chemical-B

through the above mentioned formula i am picking up the chemical names from another table's column where chemicals are in this form FCS-1,FCS-2,FCS-3 .

i want to use that display name of chemicals in slices but these settings are not in slices.

please suggest .

Thank you.

@admin_nasra wrote:

i want to use that display name of chemicals in slices but these settings are not in slices.

Explain what you mean by this. Again:

@dbaum wrote:

The column display names that you defined apply anywhere the column is used in a view--regardless of whether the view is based directly on a table or on a slice defined for the table.

admin_nasra_0-1673419488439.png

the above mentioned names which i highlighted is dynamic and they are not column names the actual column name is Chemical-A.

the highlighted names are driven from the below mintioned formula from a column where these names are alrady saved in comma separated values 

admin_nasra_1-1673419658172.png

the above image is of column Chemical-A where display properties of column gets the name from below mentioned sheet

admin_nasra_2-1673419750759.png

As @dbaum has stated, whatever column displays you see in the original table should also be displayed in the views based on its slices.

What values are displayed in your slice view(s)?

Top Labels in this Space