How to return a value USERSETTINGS(_usersettings) in a PDF file created by an automation bot?

Hello everyone!

How can I get a USERSETTINGS(_Option1) value while creating a new file (PDF File) by an automation bot? Column value are easily imported, but how I get the USERSETTINGS() value?

Thanks in anticipation!

0 7 168
7 REPLIES 7

You can use INPUT() for that

Not working!

Showing the error message : 
"Error encountered in step with name [Generate PDF]: Error: Task 'Generate PDF' Body template. Expression '[_THISUSER].[Region Selection]' is invalid due to: Unable to find column '_THISUSER', did you mean '_RowNumber'?. Error: The document body is empty"

This should work.. ANY(_per_user_settings[ColumnName])

Thanks. This worked for me too this week, I had the same error, and found this suggestion in this community.

Interesting fact is that my older templates with the old format expression for usersettings(column) still works. For the new template it has to be the new format.

Not working for me! Showing this error: 

Error encountered in step with name [Generate PDF]: Error: Task 'Generate PDF' Body template. Expression 'ANY(_Per User Settings[Region Selection].[Region Complete Address])' is invalid due to: Unable to find column 'Region Selection'. Error: The document body is empty.

The formula _Per User Settings[Region Selection] generates a list (with one value in this case). but still it's a list. You can't use dereference with lists. If your [Region Selection] is a Ref column, and the [Region Complete Address] exists in your ref table, then write it like..
ANY(
SELECT(
YourTableName[Region Complete Address],
[Key]=ANY(_Per User Settings[Region Selection])
)
)

[_THISUSER].[Option]
Top Labels in this Space