How to schedule notification with free plan?

Hello All,

Iโ€™ve a question: as it looks like the schedule of notification is only available from paid plan, Does anyone knows how to do a workaround ?

I would like to receive daily notification (send updated todo list to each users)

My app is based on google sheets
Iโ€™ve got a sheet called โ€œRELANCEโ€ and iโ€™ve added a formula today() in a column named STAMP.

I thought it would be enough to trigger an email everytime the date is changingโ€ฆbut it is not.

Any idea how i could make it without moving to a pro plan ?

Many thanks

PG

0 4 473
4 REPLIES 4

There is not a way to do so in AppSheet. However, you can probably do it with a free plan in Zapier or Integromat

Thanks @WillowMobileSystems .

I guess thatโ€™s an option. I was just wondering if someone did it and how:
do we use zapier as a trigger ( to force appsheet to sync data) or do we use zapier to send the notif (email, sms,โ€ฆ)

In advance, thanks for your great help.

Cheers,

PG

So letโ€™s just back up for a moment.

First, there is no such thing as a โ€œfree planโ€. You can get started for free as an undeployed app and you can have up to 10 TEST usersโ€ฆBUTโ€ฆ certain features are disabled. Push Notifications are one of them.

Now, you could leave the app undeployed and have up to 10 users using the app. I donโ€™t know what AppSheet has in place for restrictions on duration for an app in this state. Maybe none. But if the intention is to leave the app in this state indefinitely, there is not a way in AppSheet to get around the fact that Push Notifications are disabled and emails are only sent to the App Creator.

You would need to go off platform to create those workaround features. Google scripts might be another option. They might support Push Notifications. Again, not sure.

By the way, the ONLY way to get a truly free app in AppSheet is if it is for your personal use. There is a tick box for that purpose and then only you would be allowed to use it.

Good Luck!!

Thanks @WillowMobileSystems for taking time to provide me all those info.

now iโ€™m looking at the google script option as my data are in gsheets (send emails from my gmail account based on gsheet data) . Iโ€™ve so far a decent solution but it could be by far much better

Thanks

PG

Top Labels in this Space