How to send notification asking for input from a specific user?

I am creating an item request form app where users could enter details of the items they want. Once they hit submit:

1. My manager should get a notification for approval.
2. They should be able to see only those requests that are pending approval.
3. The request should automatically disappear as soon as they take action i.e. approve/reject.

Any step-by-step process to achieve the above would be greatly appreciated.

Solved Solved
0 2 94
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1. Create a bot that runs whenever a new row is added to the table (i.e. the user submits the form). This bot can send a notification to the manager to request approval. 

2. Create a slice on your table that filters out items that have already been approved/rejected (i.e. ISBLANK([status column]). Use the slice to create a view to show to the manager. 

3. Once the manger edits an item and the [status column] is no longer blank, it will not be shown in the view you create above. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

1. Create a bot that runs whenever a new row is added to the table (i.e. the user submits the form). This bot can send a notification to the manager to request approval. 

2. Create a slice on your table that filters out items that have already been approved/rejected (i.e. ISBLANK([status column]). Use the slice to create a view to show to the manager. 

3. Once the manger edits an item and the [status column] is no longer blank, it will not be shown in the view you create above. 

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you, Mr. Lynch!

Top Labels in this Space