How to set a value in a column for two contiguous records

Hi guys, I'm trying to study and work a lot on appsheet. I am trying to structure and organize these two tables which I post below with their respective formulas for a better understanding.

table A.JPGtable b.JPG

I structured the data like this:

1) Table A is a data input table where the user enters this data.

2) Table B is a data output table which, as you can well imagine, is useful for calculating the values entered by the user in table A. These rows will be generated by a bot that I will create ad hoc every time a new one is created record in table A, I am going to create a dependency reference of table B with table A with the relationship "isPartOf".

The user is "forced" to insert these records two by two into table A as you see.
What I don't understand is:

a) how to manage the value of the "FC BASALE" column in table A which is the same in both the first and second records, I would like to avoid having it inserted again since it is identical two by two.

b) In table B the following values "โˆ†" and "โˆ† %", as you can see are respectively values calculated from columns of the same table with a formula that connects 2 different rows, I really don't understand how to manage this thing, I would like to avoid creating a another table only for these two values.

Can anyone help me?

0 5 238
5 REPLIES 5

Can't you let the user enter data as one row?

That will make things super easy.

The user will insert only the two records into table A.
Let's say that they are "connected" that's why he will insert them both (obviously I will be the one to instruct him and tell him that he will have to insert two), I have not found any way to force the insertion of the data in a single row unless I increase the columns like so even if I don't like it very much. Do you have a better solution?table a + b.JPG

Typically you don't want to have repetition in a row but in your case I see nothing wrong to store two sets of data in one row because they are mandatory and always filled

Do you think it's the best solution? The problem I am frequently encountering is the impossibility of managing tables that have a double header, the first row (as it usually is) and the first column, it would have been much simpler. I just can't figure out how to restructure the data so that there is only one header (the first row).

in my opinion, though similar fields are repeated, they are actually different attribuites of a row. So I would have no issue capturing the entire user input in one row.

Top Labels in this Space