How to set action to Edit in place?

I have a table 'Employees'. I want to add a new row to a table called "logs", whenever there is an update in the "Accepted" column of the 'Employees" Table. I am able to do this using Event Actions(Form saved) in the behaviour Tab of the Edit form. (Actions to take when events occur -> Form Saved -> addLog)

But, I am unable to find a way to do this, when I edit-in-place in the details view of the 'Employees' table, when the "Accepted" column is updated. Anyway to do this? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 1 193
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Bhadurudeen wrote:

But, I am unable to find a way to do this, when I edit-in-place in the details view of the 'Employees' table, when the "Accepted" column is updated. Anyway to do this?

Yes. For log entries I would use an Automation process - a Data Change Bot.   The Condition of this Bot would be something like:

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Accepted] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Accepted]

You can be as complex with the condition expression as you need.

With the Condition met, the Bot would then execute the Data Change action to add a row to your log table.  

To get started with AppSheet Automation, go here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@Bhadurudeen wrote:

But, I am unable to find a way to do this, when I edit-in-place in the details view of the 'Employees' table, when the "Accepted" column is updated. Anyway to do this?

Yes. For log entries I would use an Automation process - a Data Change Bot.   The Condition of this Bot would be something like:

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Accepted] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Accepted]

You can be as complex with the condition expression as you need.

With the Condition met, the Bot would then execute the Data Change action to add a row to your log table.  

To get started with AppSheet Automation, go here.

Top Labels in this Space