How to show chart view for individual row instead of consolidated row data ?

Hi Team ,

I need a little bit of help from your side . I want to create a chart view and the data should not be consolidated data . Every time it should show the individual row data which is newly added to the form. The app which i have created is an assessment app of form time having 20 questions with multiple choice option having different weightage . So when user answers all the questions he/she gets individual scores for each questions answered. After submitting the form user should get redirected to a view which will show only his/her score in a chart view . X axis will contain the question values (Q1,Q2..Q20) and Y axis will contain the score values against those questions. Please tell me how can i show this ? i have tried multiple chart type but every time it shows consolidated data of all the users attempted the assessment.   

Solved Solved
0 6 242
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm not aware of your data schema, so not able to instantly provide the answers.

However, obviously your expression being passed to VC is incorrect.

Make sure to set the data type to LIST with the REF as element type. And reference table is directing your newly created slice. And then simply pass the expression like : -

List([_thisrow])

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @rahuldash171 

If you get your UX view name, you may want to try this expression: LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() - AppSheet Help

And then create a row series chart.

Suggestion is to create a new slice and make a default view for that slice, which is chart view as you want.  Make sure to set such chart view is REF position to make it as a default view for that slice.

Then add new virtual column to your table for answer, with LIST type, refering to this slice. Expression you have to pass to this VC apps formula should yeild the value for this particular row alone.

I call this as Inline chat technique.

Hi @Koichi_Tsuji  Thanks for the quick reply , I created the slice and a chart view and for data to be used inside the chart view i pointed to the newly created slice .Position is REF .

I added a VC in my first table where the assessment is there but while providing the below formula it shows me error . Please help .

Column Name 'CountYScore' in Schema 'Supply Chain Resilience 2.0_Schema' of Column Type 'Ref' has an invalid app formula '=LIST(([Score1] = [_THISROW].[Score1]))'. The type of the app formula 'List of Yes/No' does not match the column type 'Ref to table 'ScoreB' of Text'.
ScoreB is slice which i created and a chart scorecard which takes the input from this slice. CountYScore is VC in Supply Chain Resilience 2.0 assessment table . 

rahuldash171_0-1664356702053.png

I'm not aware of your data schema, so not able to instantly provide the answers.

However, obviously your expression being passed to VC is incorrect.

Make sure to set the data type to LIST with the REF as element type. And reference table is directing your newly created slice. And then simply pass the expression like : -

List([_thisrow])

Hi @Koichi_Tsuji 

I provided the expression in the row filter condition  AND([_RowNumber]=MAX(SUPPLY CHAIN RESILIENCE 2.0[_RowNumber]),[UserEmail]=USEREMAIL()) and it is working fine now . Thanks for all the help and suggestions .

Top Labels in this Space