How to show multiple input box on appsheet

Hi guys

I'm not sure if the subject is related to any others in the community but here is my problem.

I have a simple app on AppSheet for receiving orders from customers. It works fine, but because it is a form, so users can only input once at a time, that will be time-consuming for user who has multiple products to order. Is there any way to modify my app to something like the picture below?Like, users can add row if needed or delete it if it is unnecessary. 

Duong_0-1682988412152.png

Many thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
0 6 1,008
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Within AppSheet capabilities, I believe you have two options:

• Standard: Create a parent table (e.g., "Orders") as well as a child table (e.g., "Order_Products") with its Ref column's Is part of? property selected. Then, in a form for a parent row a user can add multiple child rows. See the examples linked from the article I pointed you to.
  • Hack: Create an input table with as many groups of product-quantity-price columns as you want users to be able to enter at once. You could use the columns' Show? property to display one more set of columns each time one group is completed. Then, create an action that copies data from a new input table row to the proper structure in your main table.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Thanks for your answer but I don't really get it. The solution you gave me allows me to add multiple rows at a time? Because as I know that, if I connect a table to my app and if I dont set the view to "Form", it will show every row in the table. Plus, if I click on the add button, it still show me a form and that will not solve my problem.

Forgive me if I have any misunderstanding.

Within AppSheet capabilities, I believe you have two options:

• Standard: Create a parent table (e.g., "Orders") as well as a child table (e.g., "Order_Products") with its Ref column's Is part of? property selected. Then, in a form for a parent row a user can add multiple child rows. See the examples linked from the article I pointed you to.
  • Hack: Create an input table with as many groups of product-quantity-price columns as you want users to be able to enter at once. You could use the columns' Show? property to display one more set of columns each time one group is completed. Then, create an action that copies data from a new input table row to the proper structure in your main table.

Oh, I got it. Thanks a lot, I'll try it

I tried your hack solution, because I think it is more flexible to the app. I created an input table and an action named "Send" to send the record to the main table. But "Send" button is added to each row of input table, so I have click on each row so that the record can be sent. Can I modify the "Send" button to be a main button like "Add" button in this picture?

Duong_0-1682994272798.png

And plus, can an action handle 2 tasks? Because after the records are sent, I want them to be deleted ( as a refresh task).

Thank you so much for helping me.

Top Labels in this Space