How to sort my data as I want to present it - plus sharing an app from phone

How can I take back control over how my data is presented in my app? The main idea of my app is a list of micronutrients. On the spreadsheet, it is as I want but in Appsheet, in the app the items are put in alphabetical order, which ruins the objective and reduces the user-friendly brand of the app.

How can I manage this as I want it and created it?

Also, I wanted to invite people I met who I showed my app to and they couldn't access my app from the Appsheet invite, so I wanted to show them how to do it. For iPhone users the process to install an Appsheet app is unnecessarily inaccessible and not signposted at all. It is like visiting London for the first time and there being no road names and all buildings looking the same. I would like to provide feedback and suggestions to make this process user-friendly. To tell customers in the email the step by step process for installing on Android and iphone. 1. JUST and ONLY give them option to use default browser 2. Install Appsheet for Free 3. Just ONE login form to give email address to access app.

Also on the phone, the sharing feature was not visible. It needs to be there! I used it a few weeks ago and it was there. I find tools being moved around on websites without signposts pointing to them very un-user friendly.

0 2 67
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @SophieSweatman, you can check in your view configuration if it's being sorted or not, to use the spreadsheet default positions you can sort using the row number.

I have never been to London myself, but I know iOS can be a nightmare to deal with, If you have any specific suggestions you can post those on the Feature Ideas board so people can like it if they agree, and maybe it could be implemented if it gains enough traction.

Thank you very much Rafael,

I'm a very visual person, so I got around the issue by moving data on the
spreadsheet and creating new tables and views in the app. It's better now
and I've added some colours too.

I would like to suggest something on the features board as there is never
any harm in considering the UX and making processes for new app users as
quick, easy and a complete no-brainer if possible through good navigation.
In fact, Apps are like sat nav, which gives us instructions turn by turn.
"3rd exit next roundabout" etc. So I suggest a step-by-step process for our
app users to intall our apps. Google competes with iOS but I don't want any
part of it. I just want good, accessible UX for my app users.

It makes sense, therefore, for a platform to make apps to provide good
navigation to be as inclusive and accessible as possible for new users. I
love appsheet and I use it a lot but most of my friends have iPhones and
the process to install my app (especially when I pay to deploy it) could be
well signposted in the Appsheet email invite. Thank you for suggesting I
do this.

Facts provide choice. Too many selections lead to errors!

Best regards
Sophie
Sophie Sweatman
sophsweet@gmail.com
www.sophiesweatman.com
Nutrition App: Hearth-nutrition.com
Takingthejourney2hearth.com
www.dairyofanonnymoose
Twitter: @Sophsweet
Youtube: @Sophsweet
Mobile: 07863554763
Top Labels in this Space