How to start my subscription plan for AppSheet

So, maybe I'm too eager as I don't have an app good to go yet, but in readiness I'm trying to sign up for AppSheet Starter, the $5/month plan that shows here:
https://about.appsheet.com/pricing/

But when I click on "Get Started" I just get redirected here:
https://www.appsheet.com/Template/Apps

Is it simply the case that the app needs to be ready before I can sign up from the Pricing page?

On the Pricing FAQ page under "How can I set up my subscription plan" the answer is "TBD" so that  didn't really help too much!

What also confuses me is that on the AppSheet dashboard Billing tab, it says "This tab is only available to Root Admins". I'm admin on our Google Workspace, does that not count?

Looking  via our Workspace account instead at https://admin.google.com/ , if I go to Billing > Subscriptions > Add or upgrade > Workspace add-ons > I can at least add a subscription to AppSheet Core ($10/month plan).

However the cheaper AppSheet Starter plan is probably enough for us right now (we are a non-profit). Also I have applied for and received the non-profit 50% discount code, but can't find a place to enter it at admin.google.com

All guidance gratefully received!

1 8 239
8 REPLIES 8

Thanks, is that the only way to sign up currently then, as far as you're aware?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The AppSheet/Google sales process is a disaster.

I've escalated your post internally. Hopefully someone will respond.

Thanks Steve glad it's not just me!

Much appreciate you pushing on this.

Steve thanks again for nudging this internally, no word from anyone directly but some of it has been fixed - much appreciated.

Firstly "TBD" in the Pricing FAQ has now been replaced with the following text:

Go to the Account > Billing pane, and first provide a credit card. Then choose a subscription plan, and the number of licenses for your apps. If you require assistance, contact Customer Support.

Now, that doesn't work for our Workspace, but maybe it's because we are a nonprofit using no billable services at present. Going to "Payment accounts" under "Billing" just shows "You don't have any billing account" (which I know) but there's also no option to add one.

However, if I attempt to buy AppSheet Core as a Workspace add-on, a new option has now appeared "Add promotion code". Yay. Presumably I'll be prompted to add payment at the end of the process.

But, I think I'm going to hold out until there's a way to buy AppSheet Starter at the nonprofit rate, as our needs are modest and our budget is even modester. Unfortunately that is still not possible.  It doesn't even seem possible to buy AppSheet Starter at full price at present as it's not in the Workspace Add-on list.

The links from https://about.appsheet.com/pricing/ (the main funnel for new sign-ups, I assume) still go to https://www.appsheet.com/Template/Apps even though I'm signed in with a Workspace Admin account. I think it they should be going to the add-on purchase pages (although there isn't yet an add-on purchase page for AppSheet Starter).

Thanks in advance for anything you can do to help get this fixed.

Honestly, I don't know what else to do here. Since Google acquired AppSheet, the various parts of AppSheet (Engineering, Support, Sales, etc.) have moved away from each other, such that I no longer have the awareness I once did about who is responsible for or available to help with non-Engineering issues. When I escalate issues like these, I'm really just posting them in an internal forum and hoping someone takes some responsibility. But I don't know if the right people are in that forum any more.

This is the current link I have for contacting Sales. My impression is that Sales ignores requests from potential customers that don't reach some sales minimum.

You can get to the AppSheet pricing page by first logging out of appsheet.com, or by opening it in an incognito tab. The design of appsheet.com is broken. Somebody didn't think it through.

You can also try contacting Support. They used to have a way to escalate to Sales.

Iโ€™m with you 100pct.

Steve thanks for all your help with this, don't worry, I don't expect you to be able to fix it all single-handed but I do appreciate you caring about it and wanting it to work properly.

To clarify the problem I was having the pricing page, it was loading fine for me (without recourse to incognito), but when I actually click the "Get started" call-to-action buttons, I get bounced to somewhere that will not, in fact, get me started...

Anyway I tried to go through and order AppSheet Core as an add-on with the 50% nonprofit discount code I'd been emailed previously and it turns out the code doesn't actually work in the discount box. Perhaps it has expired, as that was a while ago, I've just requested another one. The one I got last time was very generic, perhaps the new box requires a unique code.

If I don't get a working code in the next 24 hours I'll try Support and let them escalate to sales. This individual deal is not worth any big shot sales dude getting out of bed for, but overall there are probably lots of little sales being lost here.

Top Labels in this Space