How to treat datas after synced fail?

I often face with problems with our client that they often add or update data while I fixing or update the app, so the version with not comply or meet error so they can not syncing data to Google sheets. Unfortunately they didn't recognize it before so they continuous add or update date by date with more than hundred rows be pending which can not transfer to google sheet. If I ask them reset changes and syncing the app, all data with be lost. So how to we backup all pending rows without typing agains?

Solved Solved
1 5 113
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@hien_nguyen Did you try falling back to earlier versions of your app? 

• Ask your user to open their app, and from the Menu at the top, tell them to choose About. The current app version the user is using is displayed at the bottom of the screen. Note this number. 
  • Make a copy of your App to create a new app with your current configurations and app definition.
  • In your original app, open the App Editor, go to Info --> Dashboard --> Earlier versions, then look for the version currently used by your customer (the number you have noted), and replace your current app version with this one. 

This should probably solve the issue you are having now. You'll of course lose all of your changes since this version, but for your business it is much better than loosing customer data. Besides, you already have these changes in the new app you just copied. 

I hope it turns out well. Please try and tell us the outcome. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Thanks for your advise. I will pay attenttion for this cause.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Oh my god! 

My friend you have to update your app only at agreed intervals with your customers. You should not be yourself the origin of service interruption to your customers. 

You can make a copy of your app, work on the copy, change, improve, experiment, and test. When you make sure that everything is working correctly, then you can apply the changes that you should have documented to the production app, only at the time agreed upon with your customer. 

Thanks for your advise. I will pay attenttion for this cause.

@hien_nguyen Did you try falling back to earlier versions of your app? 

• Ask your user to open their app, and from the Menu at the top, tell them to choose About. The current app version the user is using is displayed at the bottom of the screen. Note this number. 
  • Make a copy of your App to create a new app with your current configurations and app definition.
  • In your original app, open the App Editor, go to Info --> Dashboard --> Earlier versions, then look for the version currently used by your customer (the number you have noted), and replace your current app version with this one. 

This should probably solve the issue you are having now. You'll of course lose all of your changes since this version, but for your business it is much better than loosing customer data. Besides, you already have these changes in the new app you just copied. 

I hope it turns out well. Please try and tell us the outcome. Thank you!

Thanks a lot.

Top Labels in this Space