How to trigger action in one table based on the external changes in another table's google sheet

Hi,

I have two tables one is the table of Offers second is the table for offer Acceptance, both the tables are referenced to each other and have โ€œOffer numberโ€ as key value, I want to get the status from Acceptance table to Offers table and when this change happens I Want to trigger an email using bot automation flow. the change on which I want to trigger action will be done externally in the google sheet not through.

Please suggest some way outโ€ฆ

0 5 208
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

If the external change to the Google Sheet is manualโ€“a user of the spreadsheet makes a change to it directlyโ€“you can use External Eventing to trigger a bot:

If the external change to the Google Sheet is automated in any way, you cannot use External Eventing. Instead, you would need to use the API:

The external change to the google sheet is done using sheet formula. and I am using External eventing trigger it doesnโ€™t work, does that mean API is the only Way?

Please elaborate.

I am using a spreadsheet formula in one column (Mention Below) where by using Vlookup i am fetching the status of the row and I want to trigger a Bot based on the changes in this column.

Not possible.

Top Labels in this Space