How to use LINKTOFILTERVIEW() with multiple dynamic row conditions.

Is there a way using the expression syntax to make the the criteraia AND the condition dynamic when linking to a filter view. For instance I am trying to write and expression like the follwing

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Drilled Down", ([_THISROW].[criteria] = [_THISROW].[condition])) where criteria and condition are both strings from my database, however this does not work presumably because it resolves to something unexpected. 
LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Drilled Down", ([Customer Name] = [_THISROW].[condition])) works just fine but I'm trying to link to the drilled down view and filter based on a different criteria per row. 

like LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Drilled Down", (Customer Name = "tom")) rather than
LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Drilled Down", ([Customer Name] = "tom")) it almost as if there needs to be an EVAL syntax within the expression to accommodate for scanrios such as this. 

0 4 237
4 REPLIES 4

I don't understand what you're asking. If you're asking whether AppSheet has a function comparable to the INDIRECT function in spreadsheet apps, the answer is no.

Essentially I'm just asking if there is a way to populate the entire filter criteria from the information in the row both the condition ( first part ) and the criteria ( second part ). Typically  you might write the filter portion as follows
([Customer Name] = [_THISROW].[condition])) 
but I want to be able to swap out [Customer Name] with [Venue Name] or something else on the fly from info in  [_THISROW]

Likely, you need to use a perhaps dense expression to account for all possible scenarios via an IFS or, as in the following example, SWITCH function:

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(
 "Drilled Down", 
 SWITCH(
  [SelectedColumn], 
  "Customer Name", [Customer Name], 
  "Venue Name", [Venue Name], 
 ) = 
 [_THISROW].[condition]
)

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The expression is fixed; there is no EVAL equivalent. @dbaum's suggestion is a valid alternative.

Top Labels in this Space