How to view rows that match column specific input

Hi,

I am currently developing an inventory app and I have a google sheet that has columns such as brand, mode, serial number, Location.. and I have slices and views done for each location but it has become apparent this won't suit as new locations will be added constantly. 

Is there a view that I choose which "Location" to look at and show me the equipment that matches that column without using slices? e.g Select Location from drop down (or text) and display Equipment in there. 

Or if I have Location: Storage1, storage 2 and Storage 3 but then I set 1 piece of equipment to "Storage 5" that a Slice and View will be automatically created? 

Solved Solved
0 2 52
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Create an action with LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("ViewName",[Location]=[_THISROW].[Location]) or something like similar. Then you don't need any slices or views separately.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Create an action with LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("ViewName",[Location]=[_THISROW].[Location]) or something like similar. Then you don't need any slices or views separately.

Thank you! From this I changed the way it was currently working. I will sum it all up incase someone else has a similar issue. 

I have a "Location Menu" that is a gallery view that. It has it's own table with a column for "Name" when you click the plus on the bottom right just add the "Location" as that is how I wanted to filter the data from my main table. 

I then added an action as such:

Do This: Go to another view in the app

Target: LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Your View", [Location:] = [_THISROW].[Name:])

Top Labels in this Space