I am having trouble with the Launch Image. Wh...

I am having trouble with the Launch Image. When I assign an image, it shows in the sync screen but not the launch screen.

Wondering if I am missing something or am not able to do this on a Standard plan?

0 9 673
9 REPLIES 9

Have you tried it with a different device?

Hello, yep, have tested it on multiple PCs and my Android phone.

What is the app name and account ID so I can check the app, if that’s okay.

@Aleksi_Alkio thanks, that would be great.

It’s called “Sentient Portal” and account ID is 462007

Hi, how big the image file is? I tried to reproduce the same behavior and I saw the same. So… it needs more to investigate.

It’s 1920x1080 and 191kb. Not sure if that is the correct size to use, but still weird that the sync screen works perfectly but the launch one not… In my testing I’ve also realised that in one user’s google phone, a launch screen appears, however it’s one of the standard available images in appsheet, not the one I have assigned. On everyone else’s phone (android, windows and apple) no launch screen appears at all. :S Thanks for looking into it!

What I have understood is this… that’s because on initial launch, we don’t have the app definition yet — it has to be fetched. On subsequent launches, there is a local cached copy, so we know what the lauch image should be

Righto, so if I understand correctly, I will not be able to use the launch screen image feature as yet?

I guess so you can understand my goal, if you saw the original image I used, my aim is to tell everyone using a standard account to remember to sync on launch. So having the launch image properly customisable would be awesome…

You could create an additional hello page (detail view) where you could tell the same… you could even say when they did the last sync. Of course it would need one click more when they open the app, but I believe the sync is more important, correct?

Top Labels in this Space