I am pretty new to the coding for Appsheet an...

I am pretty new to the coding for Appsheet and I have some questions that Im not sure were to find the answers too. I have Bird Weight Chart V2 almost working the way I would like I am just struggling with some “cosmetic/function” items I would like. In Bird Weight Chart V1 I made that app to just track the 2 birds I have and set up custom slices and things manually on the back end just to get it working. With V2 I am trying to get more functions on the front end like adding/removing birds and not not having to login and create slices to display charts and stuff. I think i have that done correctly now. However I am wanting to have a button next to the bird name in the detail view that displays the data related to that bird in a list like it does in V1 with the manual slices. Right now in V2 everything I have tried shows all data not just the data related to the bird when viewed as a table but displays corectly whe viewed as a chart. I would also like to be able to set up custom colors for each bird like I have in V1 with the manual slices. Could someone point me in the direction on were I need to look to get this done?

Or is there a way for someone to look at my app and help me out?

0 8 386
8 REPLIES 8

I’d be happy to take a look.

+Steve Coile What all do I need to send you so you can look at it? Also would there be a good time we could talk maybe through chat and work out the problems? Sorry to be a pain I’m trying to learn this stuff but the documentation is confusing to me at times…

@Nate_Moneypenny I should be available tomorrow (Sunday). I’m in the US/Eastern timezone for reference.

You can share your app with me and give me co-author status to allow me into the configuration. I’m not in front of my computer so I can’t get you the specific directions at the moment. You’ll be able to revoke my access at any time, but if you have any concerns, you would do well to make a copy of your app before giving me access (or give me access to the copy, instead).

I’d like to look at your app before we talk so I’m familiar with it while we talk.

To share your app, go to Users > Users > SHARE YOUR APP WITH, enter my email address, sc2758g@gmail.com, in User emails, set Add as co-authors? to ON, and click Add users + send invite.

+Steve Coile I am getting the copy of the app set up and will give you an invite here in a sec. Thank you again for taking the time to help me with this. I am also in the Eastern time zone so things should work out good for today.

What time did you have in mind?

@Nate_Moneypenny A’ight, I’ve got my own copies of your apps–thanks for sharing them. Now what can I do for you?

+Steve Coile If you look at V1 of the app once you select a bird from the menu and it loads the detail view there is a th-list icon next to the bird name. If you click on that icon it loads just the data for that bird. I was wanting to do the same in V2 of the app also. I know you recommended a user setting to sort the birds in a previous post but I could not figure out to get that to work right and I was able to get the chart to work without that.

However it will not sort the table

by bird unless in the detail view or going into the date buy going to the chart first.

Also I was wanting to set up a way to make the chart display a different color per bird like it did in V1. Does that make since sense?

@Nate_Moneypenny, please email me your email address. I’ve put together a revision of your V2 that has some suggestions. I’d like to share it with you.

Top Labels in this Space