I am thinking on a small app, to be able to v...

Alper

I am thinking on a small app, to be able to view/add/remove/extend subscriptions of users to main app. But, doing this from mobile phone contains some risks (stolen devices etc…) Such apps may benefit from a sort of password protection which will ask a 5-6 digits password at every run, to protect the contents. What do you think?

0 7 387
7 REPLIES 7

@Alper May I ask how do you intend to do it? Or is this just a feature request? To the best of my knowledge, we cannot view, add or remove app users outside from the AppSheet Editor, not it’s possible via AppSheet API. That said, it might be a good idea having the flexibility of managing app users via AppSheet API though

Alper

@Levent_KULACOGLU Hi, this is a feature request in fact, but not the way you describe above (my fault, didn’t explain it enough). I am not targeting the actual Appsheet subscriptions, my intention was the users who will use the service I created using my Appsheet app. So this takes place after creating regular appsheet subscription.

@Alper I can advise a workaround; Construct a single table with only 1 column and 2 rows including the header. In 2nd row generate a very long text string containing numbers only. Assuming that the extra security level is a 4 digit pin, the length of your string will be (4 * number of active users). You should create these pins and give to your users. Than you can set a UserSettings (named PIN) and make it the initial view. You can easily set an expression like:

CONTAINS(NewTableName[LongStringColumnHeader], TEXT(USERSETTINGS(“PIN”)))

in the Show_if property of each one of your app views. So if the PIN entered is not correct, the user won’t be able to see any view/app data.

@Alper

Actually the long string will look like this for 20 users:

“98686980190992573518463313212368249922949762553362231887459542169901806399616770”

For example; if any user’s PIN is set as 3518, CONTAINS expression will return a TRUE value and therefore show all the UX views and the app data.

Alper

@Levent_KULACOGLU Very good idea, thanks Levent! This can be done with multiple rows/security filter combo also, as far as I understand. In this point, I am wondering if data kept in phone/tablet etc is encrypted… Didn’t read anything about it…

Alper

Correction: Encryption was there already, just saw it. blog.appsheet.com - Feature Friday: Performance, Security, and a New Feature Request App Feature Friday: Performance, Security, and a New Feature Request App blog.appsheet.com

@Alper glad to be helped of…

Top Labels in this Space