I am using the in_valid method of creating a ...

I am using the in_valid method of creating a dropdown in a field for a list of serial numbers. However, I would still like to accept inputs that matches (say the first 5 numbers of a serial number are valid, but the entire number does not match a list defined). ** something like this accepts inputs but the field is no longer a dropdown ** =OR(FIND(“9781”, [Lookup1])>0, IN([Lookup1],ItemSerialNumber[LookupNumber]))

1. Is there a way to use the OR conditional for matching a list as well as another match method and still present a dropdown? 2. Is there a way of creating a wildcard value to match? - if I add “9781****” as a value to the ItemSerialNumber list ? 3. Do any of the match methods accept REGEX?
0 2 799
2 REPLIES 2

You could probably do this with the ref field because then the validation would happen in a different place. If you need to read the dropdown values from a different table dynamically, you can’t add an extra validation. If you do, it will filter the existing list.

Another possible process method I thought of is to see if the “show if invalid” setting can do more than just show a message. Can any of the expressions trigger an action? That way, the use can be prompted to go ADD the new entry that’s not already in the validated list.

Top Labels in this Space