I cannot use INTERSECT() between 2 columns of Lists

Please Help!
Hello, I am really a newbie and have a near-zero knowledge of programming language.

In each row, I have 2 columns, the first one contain a list (texts separated by comma), generated by ENUMLIST, and the another one contain a list (texts separated by comma), generated by expression “LIST(LOOKUP(“A”, “BB”, “AA”, “B”))”.
I want to use intersect() to return the values that common in these 2 list.
But How many time I’ve tried, it return blanK.

I really have no idea what to do.
Thank you.

0 5 667
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

LOOKUP() will only ever return a singular value, so LIST(LOOKUP(...)) will only ever create a list of one item. Is that your expectation/intention? Is yes, it seems to me you’re trying to see if the value returned by LOOKUP() occurs in the EnumList of the first column. If so, you might find IN() easier to use.

Otherwise, please post a screenshot of the entire INTERSECT() expression you tried.

See also:

Thank you very much.

LOOKUP() returns a value from the cell that contain texts like <item1, item2, item3,…>,
so I think that I would list them and use intersect to find the common items.
But I was wrong, it returned nothing.

I really want to post my screenshot, but my table name and content are all in Thai Language. I thick it may cause confusion.

I’m pretty sure LOOKUP will only return that as a string of TEXT, but easy solution: SPLIT(LOOKUP(...), " , ")

SPLIT will return a actual LIST for you to work with.

For reference:

You MADE my Day!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you

It is because of Language barrier, so I cannot explain what I really mean.
However, what I’ve learned today is “SPLIT will return a actual LIST for you to work with.”
Thank you again!!!

Top Labels in this Space