I didn't think it would be this hard to sort my Board Games

I am a newbie but I thought it would not be hard. So I have a google sheet full of BoardGame Data. I have the line for the data below. So I am making an app to be able to look up my board game collection. I want to be able to look up games by number of players, or play time, domains, mechanics etc. So I am having trouble with the column that has Mechanics and Domains because a game has many mechanics and domains. And the column lists them in one column separated by commas. And I want to be able to search by a single mechanic also with the search it would be nice to have all the mechanics as check boxes to narrow down the game list.

So basically I want to go into the app and be able a find some game options by saying I have 3 players, and 40 mins and a Family Game with action points. For some reason I canโ€™t get things to work

0 4 124
4 REPLIES 4

Hello Christine,

It wonโ€™t be hard. You just need to read this guide and youโ€™ll have your app in no time:

Yeah I have done the things that those instructions have suggested like I took the mechanics and put them into rows instead of columns. Still not working. I work with databases so I am not sure why I am just not getting this appsheet thing

I have no idea why it is doing thisโ€ฆ

The view before was just the game name then you could click on it to go to the game detailsโ€ฆNow it is doing this where it has the number under the nameโ€ฆI did not change anythingโ€ฆ

Under the app emulator should be a link to the view. Click on the link, then post a screenshot of the view configuration displayed.

Top Labels in this Space