I get a different Context("device") on the same android phone every few days

Hi, I´m getting a strange issue on one of my public apps. The app works well for a few days, and then out of nowhere it gets freezed in some of the users. They uninstall the app and install it again from the Playstore and the problem gets fixed, for a few days at least. Then, after one or two weeks, it happens again and the same action has to be taken to fix it, which is anoying. 

I´ve noticed that every time they uninstall and install again the app, Appsheet is getting a different Device id. They have not updated their Android version, factory reset their phones, or change sim cards when this happens. So, I don´t know why this is happening, or if it´s even related with the continuos app freezing that some of my users are experiencing. 

Please any help will be appreciated.

Solved Solved
0 3 186
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The value returned by CONTEXT("Device") is a random identifier generated by the app itself when the app is first installed (native app) or used (browser app); notably, it is not in any way tied to the device's own internal ID or to any other ID outside of the app itself. The CONTEXT("Device") identifier will change whenever the app is reinstalled or when the app data is cleared (native app); or when the browser cache is cleared (browser app).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

What does "gets freezed" mean exactly? Is there an error?

I don't find it reasonable to expect to have the same CONTEXT("Device") value after a re-install.

It gets unresponsive. There is no error, but when you tap any button on the app, it takes one or two minutes to respond and take the action. And when trying to sync, it takes forever. 

The thing is that it gets fixed when uninstalling the app and installing it again. At least for a few days. 

I thought it maybe has to do with the size of the data base that the app is using (it already has +18000 rows of data). So what I did now is to make a back up in another table and deleted the old data. I will make some tests today to see if I get any improvement.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The value returned by CONTEXT("Device") is a random identifier generated by the app itself when the app is first installed (native app) or used (browser app); notably, it is not in any way tied to the device's own internal ID or to any other ID outside of the app itself. The CONTEXT("Device") identifier will change whenever the app is reinstalled or when the app data is cleared (native app); or when the browser cache is cleared (browser app).

Top Labels in this Space