I have an app where our users can create idea...

I have an app where our users can create ideas. and then other users can vote on their favourite ideas.

I would like to restrict it to one vote/idea per day /per user.

How do I create that?

https://www.appsheet.com/start/300f38aa-7f90-4034-b42d-d56a9a2ac29b#appName=idebank-325266-3&group=[...

0 7 320
7 REPLIES 7

For that functionality your users need to sign in or using the User Setting feature so you can identify who they are. I believe you have a related table for votes. If you concatenate all three columns together like CONCATENATE(Date],USEREMAIL(),[IdeaID]) and set it as key, they canโ€™t save the vote more than once.

H@Aleksi_Alkio Hi, thanks for your reply. I have dived into the documentation about User Settings, but to be honest, I does not understand how to use in order to solve the problem

You need to identify the user somehowโ€ฆ otherwise the user can vote as many times he/she wants. I assume your app doesnโ€™t request the sign in. Then you should use USERSETTING() where the user can identify him with his device. 3rd option is to give some kind of unique ID and they should add it while filling the form.

@Aleksi_Alkio do you have any links to an existing app that has implemented the Usersetting as you describe above, in order for me to see how they solved it?

I havenโ€™t seen any of with that feature. I will ask if there is something already.

appsheet.com - Driver Jobs - A sample app to create a list of jobs for field workers. Driver Jobs - A sample app to create a list of jobs for field workers. appsheet.com

youtube.com - Enable Customizable Apps with User Settings Enable Customizable Apps with User Settings

Top Labels in this Space