I have been re-developing our "H1 Unlimited" ...

I have been re-developing our โ€œH1 Unlimitedโ€ app for deployment this season and have a problem that started when I made a quick change to the loading screen about 3 days ago: I switched to a different version of this image one time and immediately switched back to the original. Since then the loading image doesnโ€™t show until the app goes into the final loading phase.

Any ideas?

0 14 356
14 REPLIES 14

What do you mean by โ€œapp goes into the final loading phaseโ€?

On loading, as the progress bar goes to the halfway point we get

white screen. As it fills in to the right, nothing. Finally after sitting at full progress for a couple seconds, the splash screen shows up.

This is

strange and only started when I changed the screen for a single test of another image. Since then, no image I choose will display during the loading phase - it only shows up โ€œjustโ€ before the app launches.

Correct

Let me try one solutionโ€ฆ

Yes you can do thatโ€ฆ you just need to substitute the ", " with the line break. The expression could be likeโ€ฆ

SUBSTITUTE(CONCATENATE([LIST]),", โ€œ,CONCATENATE(โ€ "))

@Aleksi_Alkio PERFECT! I had no idea that a formula could CONCATENATE a line break literally - thanks for coming up with this!

Youโ€™re welcome

Do you still have this issue or is it working when you have used/synced the app more?

@Aleksi_Alkio On syncing once the app has been opened, the image is there. When opening the app the first time, the problem is still the same - no image until just before the app launches. I have not tried to change the image. Should I?

If I remember correctly it wonโ€™t show the image with the first time because itโ€™s not downloaded yet into the browser. Next time itโ€™s already in the cache.

@Aleksi_Alkio Hmmm. This is not what I remember at all, and in fact would absolutely be a deal-breaker since nobody wants their shiny new app to show the user a white screen the first time they fire it up!

We will be doing white-label versions of this app, so it HAS to work correctly. Could you load this up and see if you get the splash screen on first load?

Browser link: appsheet.com - AppSheet

App link:https://www.appsheet.com/newshortcut/1c48f2b8-e0b1-4acd-9a92-ed4425792b82 AppSheet appsheet.com

Opening the app > blank screen > Sync > background image

@Aleksi_Alkio ??? Is that really the way this works? I donโ€™t ever recall having the white screen on opening until I changed the image. Does the app not force the loading of the opening image before anything else takes place in the background?

The image is dynamic and we donโ€™t have the image the first time the app starts. Thatโ€™s why you are seeing the white screen first.

@Aleksi_Alkio Got it. So if we mark the app for offline capability, the only time the user will see this white screen is the first time they open it?

Also I have a favor to ask - in another post, Steve Coile helped me with an expression to get a list of results related to our drivers race finishes. The problem is that the formula returns a comma separated list and not individual entries to display at the bottom of a detail view. Is there any way to make this list into a series of entries like this:

2016 Seafair: 1st Place 2015 Seafair: 2nd Place 2014 Seafair: 3rd Place

Instead of this: 2016 Seafair: 1st Place, 2015 Seafair: 2nd Place, 2014 Seafair: 3rd Place

If not, then the list is really unusableโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space