I'm making an app to easily record and lookup...

I’m making an app to easily record and lookup all treatments given to our cattle.

Question:

When creating dependent drop downs, is there a way to make an “ALL” option?

For example, we will vaccinate an entire group of 100 cattle with the exact same thing.

I don’t want to enter that 100 separate times, but I need each cow to have that record.

I still need the option to enter a treatment for just one animal.

I have a master “Cattle Inventory” sheet with every single animal on our farm.

All of our cattle are identified by 1) Group (i.e. Spring Cows, Feedlot Calves) 2) Tag Color and 3) Tag Number.

I have a separate “Animal Health” sheet to collect treatment data (and will then have an “Animal Look Up” option so we can look up an individual animal to see past treatments).

I appreciate any help!

0 3 299
3 REPLIES 3

I’m guessing there would be some difficulty in giving each entry an unique id?

tony1

@Valerie_Visser I’d recommend creating a separate column called “Select All?”. Then make a virtual column with a formula like

IF([Select All?], , [Your EnumList Column])

The could be a SELECT expression or just a list of values like LIST(“Value One”, “Value Two”, “Value Three”)

@Valerie_Visser, my interpretation of your question is that if you are applying the treatment to “All” animals, then you want this to create 100 separate records for the 100 animals. Correct? That is not easy to do with AppSheet at the moment.

However, I wonder if you need to do it. For example, you could maintain some records for individual animals and some for “All”. Then when you lookup treatments for a specific animal it could be combined with treatments for “ALL”. This might be the preferred solution in any case — less data being written and it is pulled together when needed via an appropriate SELECT() function.

Top Labels in this Space