I need Pass the Reference id from current row in record for an action that links to another form.

I tried to do a reference link of the current Id to another Form/table.  

Building a visitor app.  The visitor status is in a pending status and I am checking him from an action.  This writes to a visits table with a record id.  Prior to this step I am optionally checking out an access card to the building.  The access card is a table of cards that are available or not for checking out.  

From an action in the previous visitors form I am using the Go to another form (the access card form).  I need to pass the record id for the visit to this table in a column called reference ID.  So I know who has the card checked out at the time. So if the card is checked out, I need to know who has it.  I tried passing the id and I got all of the ref id's for the current table and not the current row.  

2nd question: does the record ID exist yet if the form hasn't been committed yet?

3rd issue is returning to the record to commit the visit.  How to I return to the original form for the visit that hasn't been committed?  Or do I need to reorder the process and make the issue access card completely separate task?  That would probably be easier to accomplish but makes the flow clunky.

0 2 1,938
2 REPLIES 2

Um eine Lösung zu finden, wäre es nützlich, Ihre bisherigen Aktionen und die Datenstruktur zu sehen.

Ich glaube, es braucht nur eine gruppierte Aktion.

Sind Ihre benannten ID-Spalten auch Ihre Schlüsselspalten?

I will try to answer your question.  Previous actions and data structure is as follows: The view is filtered view of guest with scheduled visits.  The card/row of data showing the appointment that was setup has two actions.  One is to check in the user.  Which just changes the status of the visit to checked in.  The other is an optional action to check out an access card action.   This action just jumps to the check out form.  screen shot of data structurescreen shot of data structureScreenshot 2023-08-17 100129.jpg 

Top Labels in this Space