I need to update parent table when the child ref table different than the parent table

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 6.11.37 PM.pngparent Table

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 6.12.08 PM.png  Child table , have the column have the suggested value

if i give input other than populated or suggested value need to update the parent table value.

while we add purchase detail the rate may change time to time .  whenever the rate change occur need to update the parent table value . so next time will suggest new value 

@Steve 

0 2 70
2 REPLIES 2

@akhilpaul wrote:

Child table , have the column have the suggested value

if i give input other than populated or suggested value need to update the parent table value.

I assume by this you mean to update the Parent's actual value - not just the list of choices?  Correct?  If so, since a Parent can have many children, how does the Parent decide which Child value to use?

while we add purchase detail the rate may change time to time .  whenever the rate change occur need to update the parent table value . so next time will suggest new value 

I think you are saying that you want the Parent dropdown list to include any Rate values inserted for children.  The next question is do you mean only from the Parent's children or from any children?

You want the Parent list of value driven by what is inserted on the child rows, so use the Child table as the source.  If you are wanting values from ALL children then on the Parent Rate column use this expression:

UNIQUE(Child Table Name[Rate])

Replace "Child Table Name" with your actual table name.  This expression will return a list of rate with NO duplicates.  You can use this expression in Valid_If or Suggested Values depending on your need. 

I assume by this you mean to update the Parent's actual value - not just the list of choices?  Correct?  If so, since a Parent can have many children, how does the Parent decide which Child value to use? 

i want to update the most recent value, or need to overwrite the value of parent table..  let say adding [purchase details] of a biscut last week its value 20 today 22 so i need to update from child input to parent value . if i add tomorrow the value should be 22 ( suggested value [product details]. not 20

i need if(product details[rate]=purchase details[rate], no change , update product details [rate]).   for the corresponding product.

@WillowMobileSys @Steve 

Top Labels in this Space