I tried to set the data type to capture data ...

I tried to set the data type to capture data and compare with โ€œLowโ€ and โ€œHighโ€ values as below (Data can be displayed with & without decimal in AppSheet).

But I found that the calculation in AppSheet will only work if the data type of โ€œDataโ€ set to either;

• Number - but I canโ€™t put decimal value. - Decimal - but it will impact other values to display like 7.00 which I donโ€™t want.

Any idea or workaround that I can have the same outcome like in GoogleShee?, Thanks.

0 15 554
15 REPLIES 15

If you want to keep the value as number or decimal, we donโ€™t have direct way to do that.

IFS(Decimal([Data])<[Low],โ€œLowโ€,Decimal([Data])>[High],โ€œHighโ€)

@Aleksi_Alkio Now it works!! you helped me twice after the โ€œinitial valueโ€ question !! Big Thanks.

Youโ€™re welcome

One more time @Aleksi_Alkio the condition above (with App Formula) works for โ€œUpdateโ€ only because we already have โ€œLowโ€ and โ€œHighโ€ data to compare.

But for adding new data, I think the App Formula is faster than Spreadsheet formula that I use to get the โ€œLowโ€ and โ€œHighโ€ data (vlookup(RC5&RC3&RC4,โ€˜Other Tableโ€™!R2C1:R999999C8,7,0) that cause the calculation is wrong for new data.

Is it possible to put vlookup in the App Formula? because I

tried to add to the โ€œLowโ€ and โ€œHighโ€ column but seems not workingโ€ฆ

@Aleksi_Alkio Please ignore my previous question above, I found the way to add LOOKUP into the App Formula now everything is solved for both Adding & Updating

@Aleksi_Alkio any indirect way,put some script on Data?

Script wonโ€™t help, but you could use TEXT column for this purpose and if you need to calculate with that value, you can use DECIMAL([Column]).

@Aleksi_Alkio I set โ€œDataโ€ to be Text, and โ€œLowโ€ & โ€œHighโ€ to be Decimal like below on Spreadsheet formula; ========== IFS(RC(Decimal([Data]))<RC[Low],โ€œLowโ€,RC(Decimal([Data]))>RC[High],โ€œHighโ€) ========== But I think it still doesnโ€™t workโ€ฆ

It doesnโ€™t work in what way?

@Aleksi_Alkio The calculation is still wrong, when I put lower or higher value in Data field, the Compare field still not changeโ€ฆ

What is the meaning of โ€œRCโ€ in here?

You want to use sheet formula instead of an app formula?

@Aleksi_Alkio Actually I donโ€™t mind, because I tried App formula sometime it doesnโ€™t workโ€ฆ

Followingโ€ฆIโ€™ve been wondering the same thing

Top Labels in this Space