I've a table where it saves Fees paid to the ...

Iโ€™ve a table where it saves Fees paid to the society from each resident. Once a new line is added, a workflow rule is triggered and then a PDF is sent to the email ID of that row. These PDFโ€™s are all archived in google drive. I want to display these PDFโ€™s within the app i.e., each row will display its respective PDF after generation. Is this possible?

Iโ€™ve watched this, which actually explains it in the end, but I didnt completely understand it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj0kE5btw50

Please note that the location of the actual google sheet that the app is based on and the attachment are not in same file path

File at: Drive Path/Maintenance/Sheet.xlsx Attachment: Drive Path/appsheet/data/[App Name-ID]/Attachements

0 6 369
6 REPLIES 6

Check this postโ€ฆ plus.google.com - Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to dynamically or automatically creatโ€ฆ Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to dynamically or automatically creatโ€ฆ plus.google.com

@Aleksi_Alkio Iโ€™ve created an extra column to hold the URL and defined it as a โ€˜Fileโ€™ type. Iโ€™ve gotten to the point where it is properly directing me towards the exact file. The only thing that is throwing me off is the time date stamp.

For example even though i named my attachment โ€œReceiptโ€, in google drive its being saved as โ€œReceipt20181015_103133_779โ€. Here i can concantenate the time date stamp using month, year, day, hour, minute and second. The last 3 digit random number is where iโ€™m thrown off.

On further research. I did find a template variable <<_ATTACHMENTFILE_URL>> which is actually giving me the exact URL for attachment. However I cannot use it to save that URL in spreadsheet as it can only be used in template for attachment. Please help

@Swapna_Nirman_Welfar

I am not aware of any way to capture the attachment file name and store it in a column.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

Hi Philip. At the moment, I put the <<_ATTACHMENTFILE_URL>> in the body of email being sent and then manually updating the receipt (url type) column after getting the link from mail. Is there anywy to automate this?

@Swapna_Nirman_Welfar

Sorry, I am not aware of a way to automate this.

You might explore whether you could use an email to trigger Zapier and then use the AppSheet API to update an AppSheet table. I donโ€™t know enough about Zapier to know if this is actually possible. I cannot provide any details on how you might do this. I am not sure it is even possible.

Top Labels in this Space